Who are you at HTL-DHT?
You are a Product Researcher who is able to independently initiate and carry out R&D projects. We mainly operate in the market for inhalables and produce semi-finished products for this. By inhalables we mean all products that are consumed by inhalation. This includes traditional cigars and cigarettes, but an increasing share is intended for less harmful alternatives for tobacco. In this job, you’ll work on deepening your (and our) knowledge about our products and you’ll learn why some compositions “work” and others don’t. You’re also researching new ideas and you give advice whether they are feasible or not.
Based on all that knowledge you’ll expand our horizons by developing new and/or improved product concepts and new features. Our lab technicians will perform laboratory research and testing, but occasionally, you’ll want to do it by yourself. You’ll be involved in pilot testing and trial manufacturing of potentially commercially viable products.
You’ll be based at HTL in Eindhoven, and be part of our core Innovation Team. The innovation team consists of the R&D Director, supported by a Product Developer at our sister factory in Germany (DHT Hockenheim) and a Product Researcher (current vacancy) at HTL in Eindhoven.
The wider Innovation Team has a matrix structure, where aside the core innovation, also process development, engineering, quality engineering, operations, and laboratory support are represented.
What else do you have to offer us?
- Bachelor degree in Applied Science, preferably Material Science or Chemical Technology.
- Analytical insight combined with creativity.
- Carefulness and strong reporting skills.
- Affinity with and feeling for industrial processes.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Confident in spoken German or Dutch is a plus.
What do we offer you?
- A contract for a minimum of 1 year. Are we both satisfied? Then you’ll be offered a permanent contract.
- Salary to be agreed upon.
- Discount on a sports subscription at a gym of your choice.
- Team outings to get-togethers to Christmas parties to… You may yet discover!
- A good pension plan, discount on your supplementary insurance and much more. Curious? Apply!
Do you want to apply?
Are you interested in this position? Then send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Daniëlle Spitzen (HR Coordinator). For more information you can also contact her at +31 6 81 85 41 74.